Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wyld Life/ Young Life

i dont know if i have said anything about being a wyld life leader (jr. leader that is) but i am. and my goal being a jr. leader was to get to know the girls well and to to make it so they know that they can trust me and i can be there for them. at times its really hard to be a good leader, like when i am in a crappy mood and have to go to DIG or somthing like that. i feel as if i am being a bad leader. or like when somthing gose wrong in my life and i dont handle it right i think well i a wyld life girl were here right now what would they think of me. so i find myself thinking of that alot. but i am enjoying it alot! and i find myself thinking more and more about going into young life. i think it would be a great career for me. when people talk about how they have passions for like basketball and soccer i think to myself i dont really have a passion for any of that. then i relize that i have a passion for young life. which is when i think about going into young life. i see my leaders right now who are going to graduate diciding whether or not to go into young life and i see how hard of a dicision it is for them. and i think well i hope its not that hard for me. i just hope that the girls realize that i am there for them if they need me. i know i looked up to the Jr. leaders when i was in wyld life. so i just hope they relize this.

Today i hung out with this sweet 7th grader named Amelia! she is an amazing smart girl! i met her this summer at camp when i was there leader. i just got atached to her! but i got the privlige to hang out at one of my favorite places in mason, best sellers! we sat and talk for a little while and then we went over to her house and she gave me a tour of her house and we sat on her room and just talked for like 2 hours! i got to get to know her SO much better. and i got to learn more about the way home school is set up. it was the 1st time i had ever hung out with one of the girls outside camp and DIG. it was a great time and i loved it! we got to talk about winter weekend coming up. and just a bunch of things! she is a WONDERFUL girl and i cant wait to get to know her even better! i plan on hanging out with other girls too. they are ALL amazing girls and love them SO much!

being a wyld life leader has shown so much of god. i can see him the best when i am at DIG. i just love being there and seeing all the kids learn about god and taking it all in! its the best feeling ever!

No comments: